Question

Sullosedly faulty sim

• 14 March 2023
  • 4 replies

I received a new iPhone 14 on Saturday and have been unable to make calls successfully since then (i either hear that the number is not recognised or the call goes to voicemail but the recipient’s phone doesn’t ring. I was also unaware that ID mobile are too cheap to have a call centre, so I have had to struggle to speak to people via live chat (when it doesn’t crash). 

The number was ported over today and I pointed out to the agent that the phone was unable to make calls before I made this request. I was told to wait until 6pm today. It is now 20:08 and the live chat option ended at 19:30, rather than the advertised time of 20:00. So I have been forced to write a message here. 

I had to force the agent to reveal that the sim is likely faulty and so it seems that I have had to wait unnecessarily, whilst knowing that the sim was probably faulty from the beginning.

If this isn’t fixed, then I will likely be better off returning the phone and joining one of the conventional phone companies.

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Does the iD SIM work in another phone @Edith Etuwewe
If it doesn’t work, then your SIM is probably faulty, as you suspect. 

You can get a replacement iD SIM from any Currys store, or do battle online and ask for a replacement using the iD live chat service.

Replacements SIM cards are NOT activated, so you’ll need to activate your replacement SIM online once you’ve got it. Anyway, good luck if you do decide to stay with iD @Edith Etuwewe.

Thank you Ande, just wrapped the sim into another phone and had the same issue, so the SIM is definitely at fault.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thank you Ande, just wrapped the sim into another phone and had the same issue, so the SIM is definitely at fault.

You can get a replacement iD SIM from any Currys store, or do battle online and ask for a replacement using the iD live chat service.

Replacements SIM cards are NOT activated, so you’ll need to activate your replacement SIM online once you’ve got it. Anyway, good luck if you do decide to stay with iD @Edith Etuwewe.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Edith Etuwewe 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?