F.A.Q.

I switched to iD. Why is the wrong number displayed when I make calls or send texts?

• 31 March 2020
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

Sometimes when you transfer (port) your number to iD, the temporary mobile number that came with your new iD SIM remains in the settings of your phone. This should normally update itself to the correct number after restarting your device, but in instances where it doesn’t please follow these steps;

Instructions for iPhone Users:

1. Open ‘Settings’
2. Select ‘Phone’
3. Select ‘My Number’
4. Check the number shown.
5. If the wrong (temporary) number is stored, update with correct number and save.

Once your number is updated, you might also need to update your ‘iMessage’ settings.

1. Open ‘Settings’
2. Select ‘Messages’
3. Check ‘Send & Receive’
4. If the wrong (temporary) number is stored, update with correct number and save.

Note: After making any changes to your device settings, you should restart your phone by turning it off & on before using as normal.

Instructions for Android Users:

1. Open ‘Messages’
2. Select ‘Advanced’
3. Select ‘Phone Number’
4. If the wrong (temporary) number is stored, update with correct number and save.

If this doesn’t work, then you might need to check what number is stored in your Samsung profile.

1. Open ‘Messages’
2. Select ‘My Profile’
3. Select ‘Profile Sharing’
4. Check what number is stored under ‘Registered Device’.
5. If the wrong number is stored, turn the chat off and back on again, the correct number should now appear.

Note: After making any changes to your device settings, you should restart your phone by turning it off & on before using as normal.

What if WhatsApp is showing the wrong number?

If you’ve decided to ditch your old number when you joined iD Mobile, you’ll need to update your WhatsApp account with your new number by following the instructions below:

1. Open ‘WhatsApp’

2. Click ‘Settings’ 

3. Click ‘Account’

4. Click ‘Change Number’

5. In the first field, type in the number your old number, and in the second field, type in your new number.

6. Click ‘Next’

7. Click ‘Done’

Note: After making any changes to your account settings, you should close and reopen the app in question before using as normal.

This topic has been closed for comments
Why iD Mobile?