Solved

Do I have to change my sim card for a new bill pay phone ?

• 5 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I currently have an id mobile account sim only (no contract). I ordered a new phone with id mobile but it says it’s coming with a new SIM card. Do I have to use that sim card and create a new account  with the new phone number or can I just use my current SIM card and account.

If so, (as in I must make a new account) can I transfer my current id mobile number to this new SIM card (as it’s a contract). I’m just a little confused. Thank you for your time.

icon

Best answer by Michelle 9 February 2021, 13:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Siobhan_roni,

Did you purchase the new phone as an upgrade or as a brand new contract? If it’s an upgrade, your number will move over to the new plan automatically and the new SIM card may not need to be used.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

I think I ordered it as a new contract. I’m not sure.I didn’t log into my account when I purchased the phone, so I think it may be a new contract. I purchased it today so I still have emails to arrive in regards to the phone. What happens if I purchased it as a new contract?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Siobhan_roni,

You’d have 2 options. 

Option 1 would be to return the new phone and perform a full cancellation on that line, and then reprocess the transaction as an upgrade once that’s all sorted out.

Option 2 would be performing a “Triangle Port” to cancel your old agreement and moving that number onto your new plan.

A Triangle Port requires obtaining a pay as you go SIM card for a network other than ourselves and porting the desired number over onto the pay as you go SIM. You would do this by requesting a PAC number for the old number from us and giving it to the pay as you go network.

Once you have done this and the desired number is on the pay as you go SIM and your old plan with us cancelled, you then need to contact that network and request another PAC code. Once you have this, you can then contact us again and port the old number onto your new line.

Which option would you like us to assist you with?

Will

Userlevel 1

Sorry for the late reply, I recieved a new number with the new devise. Could I have assistance with the triangle port? Thank you

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Siobhan_roni 

You will first need to obtain a PAC code for the iD number you are looking to move. 

Text PAC DDMMYY to 65075 (DDMMYY should be your date of birth, for example, 301099 would be 30th October 1999).

We'll text you back with your PAC number which will be valid for 30 days.

Once you have your PAC code, please follow the above step advised by Will.

Thanks

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Why iD Mobile?