Solved

number not changed

• 6 January 2023
  • 9 replies

I brought my new phone on Wednesday evening and wanted to keep the number I’ve always had. This was with network 3. It’s now Friday (2days later) and my number still hasn’t changed over. What do I do. I provided a pac code ect to the person who sorted my phone out in the shop and on my billing and confirmation (paperwork and email) it says my old number but when I set up the Id account it asked for a number to send a password to so obviously I popped the new sim in. When I’ve changed providers in the past it’s never taken more than an hour I’d say to keep my number. 

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 6 January 2023, 11:04

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If you requested the number port Wednesday evening then your number should be ported over today.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I brought my new phone on Wednesday evening and wanted to keep the number I’ve always had. This was with network 3. It’s now Friday (2days later) and my number still hasn’t changed over. What do I do. I provided a pac code ect to the person who sorted my phone out in the shop and on my billing and confirmation (paperwork and email) it says my old number but when I set up the Id account it asked for a number to send a password to so obviously I popped the new sim in. When I’ve changed providers in the past it’s never taken more than an hour I’d say to keep my number. 

Hey @Kylagreyson,

Has the number since ported or do you still need us to check?

If it’s not alredy ported, please let us know and we will PM you here so we can check.

It will depend on when you submitted the port as well as time.

Before 5:30PM Wednesday = Thursday.

After 5:30PM Wednesday = Friday.

Mohammed

@Mohammed im unsure of this but when I used online chat they informed me by 6pm this evening it should of swapped over. My old phone I’ve noticed the signal has gone and when I’ve tried ringing the old number (what I want to keep) it doesn’t connect which tells me it’s obviously not in use but my new phone the number hasn’t transferred to the old one which I thought it may of done with the old phone losing signal thanks 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

This is normal behaviour when porting a number from one network to another where the losing and gaining networks use the same network for their services. You’re not actually porting the number anywhere, it’s being internally redirected and your old account and new account is being manually updated to reflect said change.

Your old number will be disconnected and when you call it you will get a “This number is not in use” message, then your old account will be closed and at that point the gaining network will put your old number live and your new online account will be updated to reflect this. Then the following day your old network will usually generate a final bill and take said payment a few days later. It takes all day for this to complete as both networks need to wait for back end systems to update when each stage is complete.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Mohammed im unsure of this but when I used online chat they informed me by 6pm this evening it should of swapped over. My old phone I’ve noticed the signal has gone and when I’ve tried ringing the old number (what I want to keep) it doesn’t connect which tells me it’s obviously not in use but my new phone the number hasn’t transferred to the old one which I thought it may of done with the old phone losing signal thanks 

@Kylagreyson as @WelshPaul advised, the port should be going through right now and we’d expect the service to be working soon. Try restarting your handset to see if it’s updated later today.

If you don’t see anything in a few hours, let us know and we’ll PM you. 

Mohammed

Hi, my number has not been changed and I would like to speak to someone on live chat.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Maria Leask,

You can access the Live Chat via our website.

When did you suibmit the port and what date were you given for it’s completion?

Mohammed

I signed up for ID mobile last week (Wednesday) and signed to port my number in the process. I was with voxi and received my PAC code from them. On my invoice, it states my phone number as the number I wish to change to, whereas in the app it says that my phone number is a brand new number. It does not appear that my number has changed. According to their website, I have 7 days left of my voxi account. Is this the issue? Will it port after my voxi account has closed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @JonJon,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?