Solved

switching current number to ID mobile

• 4 October 2020
  • 11 replies

Hello

I have successfully applied to switch my current number (from another supplier) to ID mob network using PAC  code.  I submitted on Friday around  13:00 so my number supposed to be switched in one working day. Sunday is today and nothing has happened . Why switching networks didn't work?

Below is states how long it takes to switching  current  number with PAC.

How long will it take to switch?

If you submit your PAC or STAC before 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, you’ll switch with 1 working day. If we get your PAC after 5:30pm, or at any time over the weekend, you'll switch within 2 working days.

We'll send you a text message within 24 hours to let you know your PAC or STAC's been submitted successfully.

Please note: a ‘working day’ is Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays. Once your switch has been submitted, you'll switch the following working day. Your switch will take place anytime between 8am and 10pm.

How do I switch to iD?

Simply fill in the form on the left. Please ensure you have all the information required, as all fields are mandatory.

1. Select if you're submitting a PAC or STAC

2. Enter your PAC or STAC (ensure your PAC or STAC is still in date, they expire 30 days from the date you requested it. You cannot switch iD Mobile to iD Mobile)

3. Your existing mobile number (this is the number you are currently using with your old network)

4. Your iD mobile number (you can find this in your welcome email or on the receipt that came with your SIM)

5. Your last name (this needs to be the name of the person who purchased the plan)

6. Transaction number (you'll find this on the receipt that came with your SIM)

icon

Best answer by Kevin 6 October 2020, 21:00

View original

11 replies

Has your number moved over today? If you completed the form on Friday then the number should transfer on the Monday, based on the above timeframes. I completed the form with my PAC on Saturday but haven’t had any text/ email acknowledgement at all so I am concerned as to whether my number will transfer over. I also can’t contact anyone at ID Mobile which is a really bad start for a new customer.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @coy7777 

Number ports don’t make any progress over the weekends, they aren’t classed as working days technically.

Has the port since completed?

---

@Emma.j.e.a we’ll reply to your topic now.

I transferred my previous number with a PAC code, I have entered the correct number in iMessage,however it states that my number will only be valid for 26 days with a little clock icon next to it,  Why is this ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Chelsea1960,

Where are you seeing this message advising it’s only valid for 26 days?

Can you clarify?

Mohammed

Where do I access this form pls?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Where do I access this form pls?

Which form are you looking to access @Heather Dauccia

The PAC code form to switch numbers, thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Heather Dauccia,

Try the iD Mobile online switching form at https://switching.idmobile.co.uk/.

You can also submit your old provider’s PAC, by contacting iD Mobile using one of the following options:

1. Send iD a private message on facebook (using Messenger).
  2. Send a DM (direct message) to iD on Twitter.
  3. Use the online chat service at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat - iD agents work 9am - 8pm on weekdays (8am - 6pm at weekends).

Any out-of-hours messages left on facebook or Twitter are picked-up when the iD social media team next start work.

Good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Heather Dauccia,

If you still require assistance with the number port please do let us know here.

Regards,

Kash

Thank you, when I click the link it just shows an error code. I’ll try FB messenger. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Heather Dauccia 

No worries, we are always here to help on the Community if you require further assistance.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?