Solved

fraud order placed in my name

• 7 October 2020
  • 12 replies

I am not an ID mobile customer but have just received a letter regarding an account that has been set up in my name. I have recently been a victim of identity theft and have had lots of mobile phone contracts set up using my details with various providers. 

The live chat does not work on the IDMobile website and I cannot find an email to contact or a number to call where it is actually possible to speak to someone. 

How do I go about reporting this and get the account closed?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Will 16 October 2020, 14:49

Hi @Andy Walker,

To be honest, if you’ve logged it with Carphone Warehouse, you should be good. We’ll take a look at this for you though just for further peace of mind.

We’ll send you a Private message now to get some more info from you.

Will

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

We’re sorry to hear that @fjom20 

Before anything else, please report this matter to the police online here: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

We’ve just now sent you a private message on here now so that we can take some further details from you to have this investigated.

Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

I am also not an ID Mobile customer and an account has been setup in my name fraudulently. I have already reported this to the Police and to Car Phone Warehouse, who setup the accounts.

I need assurances that that my credit score is not affected by this and I will no longer be chased for monies I do not owe?

Please send me a contact number to enable me to resolve this case?

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Andy Walker,

To be honest, if you’ve logged it with Carphone Warehouse, you should be good. We’ll take a look at this for you though just for further peace of mind.

We’ll send you a Private message now to get some more info from you.

Will

I have now received a final demand notice stating I will be referred to a debt collection agency and legal proceedings may be issued.

I need to speak to someone urgently, please send me some contact details so this can be cleared up as a matter of URGENCY!!!!!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Andy Walker,

We sent you a Private message 6 days ago to assist you with this. Please respond there so we can get this resolved for you.

Will

I am not an ID mobile customer but have just received a letter regarding an account that has been set up in my name. I have recently been a victim of identity theft. I have reported this to the bank. The bank account details you have is also an account set up fraudulently in my name.  I need this resolved asap as this is not my doing.

Please reply me I have to clear this problem as soon as possible please thanks 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Muhammad sohail, I’ve just dropped you a private message. Could you check your Inbox and get back to us as soon as possible?

Thank you,

Rory

I have received several emails from ID mobile saying I have upgraded my acc and started a new one. It’s not me but the emails are in my name. I fear it’s fraudulent activity but can’t get to speak with anyone from ID mobile

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @Davedave,

That’s odd.

Fraud orders don’t usually relate to upgrades but we will send you a PM anyway just so we can check this and be sure.

Mohammed

I've sent you two messages can someone please answer me Katie 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @RedRed,

We’ve replied to you already and sent a PM please check this.

Mohammed