Skip to main content

Looking to change your plan? Here’s everything you need to know:

What’s the difference between a Plan Change and an Upgrade?

A plan change lets you choose a different monthly cost and set of allowances, without changing your phone. Whereas with an upgrade, you can change your plan and get a brand-new phone.

Can I change my plan?

You can change plans after 30 days. However, if you’re a Pay Monthly customer, you cannot change to a plan that is cheaper than your original plan, as you still have to pay off the remaining balance for your phone. You can swap to a plan that includes more data at a higher cost – and if it doesn’t work out for you, you can change back to your original plan (as long as it is still available).

You’ll also have to meet all of the usual eligibility criteria, such as:

• You’ve been with us for more than 30 days.
  • You haven’t changed plans within the last 31 days.
  • You have an active direct debit with us.
  • You don’t have a disconnection request pending.

If you meet those requirements, you can change to a new plan.

Please note: It’s not possible to move from Pay as you Go (PAYG) to Pay Monthly or vice-versa. SIM cards can’t be converted from one type to the other. To move from PAYG to Pay Monthly, you’ll need to take out a new Pay Monthly plan with a new SIM. To move from Pay Monthly to PAYG, you’ll need to cancel your Pay Monthly plan and order a new PAYG SIM.

Why would I change my plan?

Changing your plan allows you to make sure your plan is tailored to your needs. Here are a few reasons why you might need to change your plan:

• You need more allowances.
    Struggling to stay within your allowances? Instead of buying add-ons or paying for out-of-plan charges, you can change your plan to one with more allowances.

• You want a lower monthly bill.
    If you're on a SIM Only Deal or have gone past the minimum contract length of your Pay Monthly phone plan and want to pay less, feel free to change plans.

• Happy with your phone?
    If you’re out of your minimum contract length, and you’re happy with your current phone, change to one of our SIM Only Deal until you’re ready to upgrade.

Changing your plan won’t increase the minimum length of your contract. If your new plan isn't absolutely perfect, you can move back to your original plan after 31 days (as long as it's still available), or pick a different plan from the list of those available to you.

FAQs.

Why hasn't my data been rolled over from my old plan to new one?

Sorry, you can't roll over unused data from the billing period when you changed plans. Instead, your Data Rollover will restart at the beginning of your new plan.

How long will it take for my plan change to be processed?

Your plan, including your new monthly line rental and allowances will change within 30 minutes of your request. However, your billing period won't change — that remains the same.