Skip to main content
Solved

sim only price lock deals....not actually price locked?

• 15 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi there can anybody give me clarification on these sim only price locked deals? 

300gb of data, 24 month deal at £14 pm with no price increase for the duration of the term

Terms and conditions state that the sim only plans are not affected by price increases, only applies to handset deals.

When you order the deal it states at the bottom that it is infact subject to annual price increases? 

Spoke to a live chat advisor who said there are no such thing as price locked sim only deals, and all deals are subject to the price rise. I asked how they could advertise 'price locked' deals if they wasnt actaully that? The response i got was that they were sorry for this.

Stated that this was clearly false advertising but again just got 'sorry i dont know what to say'

I keep reading varying bits of information on if the charges increase or not during the fixed term, my current provider checked for me and said it did state no price rises which is why i was looking to swap as they could not match this deal or come close.

So can anybody shed any actual factual info on this please? Is it price locked as stated, or is it just a scam? 

Cheers

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

The price of my iD SIM only plan never increased, @Jamie Lanchester.

You’ll find plenty of anomalies and inconsistencies with information on the iD website - IMO the terms and conditions would take precedence.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi there @Jamie Lanchester, welcome to Community!

I can confirm that our SIM-only plans don’t increase, only handset plans.

Sorry for any confusion caused.

Thanks,

Tyler

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi there @Jamie Lanchester, welcome to Community!

I can confirm that our SIM-only plans don’t increase, only handset plans.

Sorry for any confusion caused.

Thanks,

Tyler