Question

In Portugal and phone just has a text box saying cant coonect to network. it just stays there and I can’t even turn my phone off.

Userlevel 1

I’m in Portugal and there is a pop up box saying can’t connect to network. When I click to close it it just pops back up and I can’t close it. I can’t even turn my phone off. Roaming is on.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Nicola Williams 

I’m sorry to hear this, have you tried holding the power and volume buttons to turn the device off to see if this gets rid of the message?

Tom

Userlevel 1

I have but it won’t let me swipe to turn off as the text box overrides it. I’ve let it power down and recharged it and it’s still doing it 😡

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Nicola Williams, if you hold the volume down button at the same time as the power button, you shouldn’t need to swipe at all. This will perform a soft reset.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

No that doesn’t work. Still have the white text box overriding everything.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

What brand and model of mobile phone are you using over there @Nicola Williams

Your phone might’ve some malware running on it - have you got an anti-virus app on your phone?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@Nicola Williams Are you able to share a screenshot/photograph of the error with us here? It’s quite peculiar and I’ve never heard of anything like it before. As @andewhite says, it almost sounds like it might be some sort of virus.

Thank you,

Ror

Userlevel 1

I’m home now and it’s absolutely fine now but has been an absolute nightmare all week. I had all of the holiday documents on my phone. Wouldn’t even turn off I just had to let it die.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey @Nicola Williams 

Glad to hear that the issue has seemingly resolved itself, if you have any future issues please do let us know and we can investigate.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?