Skip to main content
Solved

Roaming on but phone won't connect to network in France

• 13 June 2024
  • 7 replies

I am in France. My phone won't connect to the mobile network I can't make calls or connect to the internet. I have data roaming set on and have checked APN settings. Any suggestions,?

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Have you tried a NETWORK RESET on your handset, @hayes.rj

The handset user guide should explain the reset procedures.

Thanks andewhite. Just tried that but still not connecting... Anything else I can try? R..... Odd thing is that my wife has same type of phone and iD mobile account and not having same trouble 

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Does your SIM work in your spouse’s handset, @hayes.rj?

Perhaps, iD have blocked your iD account for some reason, or the roaming option is not really on. Some customers are apparently having trouble with the services settings, using the ‘new’ iD app.

Thanks. Good idea! Yes have now tried this and sure enough my phone now connecting and my wife's not. How do I get iD to restore my roaming? There doesn't seem to be an option in the app or online account...

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Unfortunately @hayes.rj, forum members can’t look at customers accounts.

Try contacting iD customer support at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat.

The advisers work until 8pm on weekdays.

Tell the 24/7 iD chatbot you want to “talk to a person “.

Thanks so much. This worked perfectly. Without your advice I wouldn't have known how to get an actual person! My roaming is back on and working fine. The agent had no idea why it happened... It's very bad really that this can happen...?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey there @hayes.rj, welcome to Community, and our apologies for the long wait!

Thank you so much for your advice @andewhite and for resolving our customers issue, we appreciate it a lot!

Any further issues, please do let us know.

Thanks,

Tyler