Question

Travelling to Dubai

• 30 January 2022
  • 2 replies

I am travelling to Dubai next week. Can anyone tell me if I can make calls, send texts  or use the Internet whilst there. If so how much will it cost and is there a better way for me to keep in touch with back home UK and to contact other mobiles whilst there.

Many thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Toddyboy,

If you are looking to use roaming in Dubai, you should check the roaming charges HERE.

Dubai is probably under the United Arab Emirates on the list of countries where you can roam. When you’re in Dubai, it might be best to connect to the Du network. 

I also recommend reading the iD community article HERE before you travel, so you’re set-up for your trip abroad. 

While in Dubai, get a Wi-Fi connection and use WhatsApp wherever possible for local and UK calls.

Anyway, good luck and enjoy Dubai.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I am travelling to Dubai next week. Can anyone tell me if I can make calls, send texts  or use the Internet whilst there. If so how much will it cost and is there a better way for me to keep in touch with back home UK and to contact other mobiles whilst there.

Many thanks

Hello @Toddyboy,

Dubai isn’t inclusive of Roaming so you would be charged. 

@andewhite has provided the details for all of this here but if you do have any questions, just let us know.

Why iD Mobile?