F.A.Q.

How do I get a PAC code?

• 7 September 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

To move your number from one network to another, you need a PAC code.

What is a PAC?

A porting authorisation code (PAC) is a unique identifier used by mobile networks to facilitate mobile number portability (MNP) – meaning you can change provider while keeping the same mobile number. It’s normally 9 characters long with 3 letters followed by 6 numbers, for example ABC123456.

How do I request a PAC?

You can request a PAC via text, the iD Mobile App, or your online account. It’s free of charge and will be with you straightaway.

• Request a PAC by text

Text PAC DDMMYY to 65075 (DDMMYY should be your date of birth, for example, 301099 would be 30th October 1999) and we'll text you back with your PAC

• Request a PAC online
  1. Log in to the iD Mobile App or My Account online 

2. Go to the My Account page and tap Thinking of Leaving

3. Click Switch or Cancel Now 

4. Choose Get PAC code and follow the instructions

What happens once I’ve received my PAC?

1. You need to contact your new provider and give them your PAC
  2. They’ll contact us to start switching your number over
  3. Once the switch is complete, your contract with iD Mobile will be cancelled and we'll stop billing you from that date
  4. We’ll send you a final bill which will include any outstanding charges to pay

You have 30 days to send your PAC to your new provider, if you don’t use it within that time, your account with us will stay open and you'll be charged for our service as normal. If you still want to switch, you can just request a new PAC.

How long does it take to switch my phone number to my new provider?

Your phone number should be switched over within one working day. If you give your new provider your PAC before 5.30pm (Mon-Fri), the switch will happen between 8am and 10pm on the next working day. If they get your PAC after 5.30pm or over a weekend or bank holiday, you’ll switch on the following working day.

If it takes any longer, you’re entitled to compensation from your new provider. Most networks will automatically credit your account with one day worth of line-rental credit for every day that the switch is delayed.

This topic has been closed for comments
Why iD Mobile?