Solved

Secuirty code SMS taking hours to arrive - preventing registration

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello,

I’ve been trying to register for online access to my iD Mobile account, but the security code SMS is taking hours to arrive.

Is there another way of completing registration, given the ongoing issue with receipt of my security code SMS?

Thanks in advance,
^AW

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 9 August 2021, 16:05

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @andewhite,

Thanks for contacting us.

Unfortunately, there’s no other way of getting the codes, but we’re aware of issues with these codes and are investigating this to work on a fix.

We’re really sorry about that.

What is it you needed to do via the iD app/account?

We may be able to advise further.

Mohammed

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thank you for this reply.

FYI, I’ve been trying to complete iD Mobile registration process at:

https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/pre-registration/-/registration/registerMyAccount.

Can’t use app or online until I’m registered - can’t get security code - not sure anyone can do anything until this issue is fixed.

Problem with security code SMS is taking days to fix - it’s critical part of registration process.
New iD customers can’t register for the my account self-service option, until issue is fixed.

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @andewhite,

We’re aware of that and as above, we’re working on getting this fixed as soon as possible.

As soon as it’s fixed, it should work as normal so do try when you get a chance.

If there’s anything that you needed to manage your account for in the interim e.g. changing plans, turning on/off a feature, adjusting spend cap, let us know.

Mohammed

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks for this information.

The failure to send an SMS with security code (for registration), in a timely manner, has been broken since last Friday evening (30-Jul-2021).

Is this problem really that difficult to fix?

TIA, ^AW

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @andewhite,

I understand your frustration. Sadly it’ snot as simply as a flick of a switch or we wouldn’t be in this situation.

The Team are working on getting this sorted as soon as possible.

If there’s nothing further you need assistance with, then that’s fine.

I thought I’d offer in case you needed to do something via the account whilst it wasn’t accessible to register.

Mohammed

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay, thank you.
I’ll try the register process again tomorrow - fingers-crossed…

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No problem @andewhite,

It doesn’t look like it’s working still but I’d recommend just trying regularly. 

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Mohammed

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay, thanks for this update.

FYI, I’ve used the chat service to reach-out to iD and have been given a case reference number in relation to this issue.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Just a note to say the Register option is working.

I visited the iD website, clicked Log In and landed here:
iD Mobile - REGISTER

I noticed the page has been redesigned since my previous registration attempts, but everything now works - security code too!

I’m pleased to say I’ve now been registered and have online access to my iD.

Thanks for all the earlier assistance.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @andewhite,

That’s correct, the service came back on line today and I’m glad to see that you’re all registered now. We apologise for the earlier inconvenience caused when trying to register.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?