Solved

Want to register online but registration page won't load

• 27 March 2023
  • 8 replies

Hi there

I want to register an account online with ID Mobile.

(I don’t want to use the app in the first instance, because I do all my other online banking/utilities through the web from my Windows desktop computer and not through mobile apps.)

I tried to register in Brave, Chrome, Opera and Edge, and in incognito mode, and I tried it repeatedly for a few days. The same issues occurred every time I couldn’t actually get to a page that loaded a registration form:

1. When I click on Login, I arrive on this page: https://my.idmobile.co.uk/
  2. That page is a login page, but it has a tab to “Register”.
  3. When I click on Register, the word Register is selected, but the form remains the login form and doesn’t change to register. There is no button or link to register in the form.
  4. I typed in my email address and desired password anyway and clicked Login.
  5. Unsurprisingly, the error message said “Sorry, your user name or password wasn't quite right. Please try again.”
  6. As there was no better option, I clicked on “Forgotten your username/email address?”
  7. I typed in my mobile number, last name and date of birth in the fields as requested, completed reCaptcha and submitted.
  8. Again unsurprisingly, it came up with the error message: “Something wasn't quite right. Can you enter your details again please?”
  9. I then typed in a different mobile number (my number from my old provider, which I am in  the process of porting to ID Mobile) in the same form and tried again.
  10. It offered me this: “Your iD mobile number was not recognised. Please check and try again or register here.”
  11. I clicked on the link to register, which showed this URL in the URL box: https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/pre-registration/-/registration/registerMyAccount
  12. However, the page didn’t load. It just continued to load non-stop.

I’m interested in your ideas so long as they are alternatives to using the mobile app, which is the very last resort, as it’s inconvenient for me. (Not only that, but I’m in the middle of switching numbers using a PAC from my former provider, so if I try doing it now there’ll probably be further technical issues at some point.)

Thank you in advance!

icon

Best answer by neiljf 27 March 2023, 16:11

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Step (1) and step (2) would normally go to the registration page @neiljf.

Have you tried other web browsers?

Have you tried using an incognito/private tab or window in your web browser? 

I’ve noticed the iD website can be very slow on occasions, but eventually everything starts working as expected.

Thanks for replying.

Step 1 and 2 didn’t go to the registration page.

I waited a long time in vain for the pages to load when I got the link to register in step 10.

I tried to register in Brave, Chrome, Opera and Edge, and in incognito mode, and I tried it repeatedly for a few days.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Seems unusual @neiljf.
Have you tried deleting all the cookies for “idmobile.co.uk” from your web browser?

Normally, you can begin to register using the following steps: 

1. Open the online page https://my.idmobile.co.uk.
  2. Click on the “Register” tab.
  3. Complete the input fields as necessary - then click “Submit”. 

Thanks again for trying to help.

I haven’t tried deleting all the cookies, but we’re talking here about me opening multiple different browsers that I never use and I’ve never been to ID Mobile website on all these browsers before trying to do this. It’s absolutely impossible that all my browsers had any ID Mobile cookies prior to this. I was with Vodafone before this and other providers prior to that and had never even heard of ID Mobile until very recently.

I had clicked on the Register tab (step 2 in your list and step 3 in mine) but as my following steps showed, the registration form doesn’t show. The form stays exactly the same in every way as the login form, with the login fields showing.

If you have any other ideas, let me know.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I assume you’ve purchased a handset or SIM card from iD Mobile @neiljf
If you haven’t, then you won’t be able to register.

Regarding browser cookies, I didn’t mean deleting iD Mobile cookies in all web browsers you’ve ever used @neiljf.

If you’ve purchased from iD, then using Google Chrome for example, just delete all the cookies for iD Mobile (idmobile.co.uk). Maybe that’ll do the trick.

Thanks very much again.

Yes, I received an ID Mobile SIM card recently.

So, at your suggestion I just deleted cookies from one of the four browsers I’ve been trying to get this to work with. I chose Edge this time. Deleted all cookies and tried to get to the register tab again, but no success. The problem is not related to cookie files on my computer.

There’s one other thing I’ve noticed. When I click on the register tab, it does appear to want to load something. I waited for eight minutes while it said in the corner of the browser “Waiting for cache...” the entire time. The register form never appeared; it remained on the login form.

(I’ve had no problems with any other websites for days, in all browsers.)

So I next tried clearing all browsing data, which includes clearing cache as well as clearing all cookies again. Now, clicking the register tab has exactly the same problem, except the message in the corner of the browser is “Waiting for my.idmobile.co.uk…” After five minutes, this was unchanged, so I abandoned again.

NOW I’ve figured it out. I just switched on a VPN to trick my.idmobile.co.uk to thinking I’m currently in the UK. Now the registration form appears.

So it seems that ID Mobile is weirdly blocking anyone who happens to be overseas at the minute from accessing the registration form for another country.

Thank you very much for your help!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Glad you’ve resolved your registration issue @neiljf

Maybe this behaviour is linked to the fact that iD Mobile only deliver to UK addresses, and their SIM cards need to be geographically in the UK the first time they’re used on the network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @neiljf,

Glad to hear you fixed the issue and thank you for sharing the steps that fixed it. Hopefully anyone else who has the same issues in the future will be able to find the solution this way.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?