We've launched a new iD Mobile app!

We've launched a new iD Mobile app!
Userlevel 8
Badge +3

We’re thrilled to announce that we’ve launched a new iD Mobile app packed with great new features and improvements!

Over the past year, we’ve been working hard on completely redesigning the iD Mobile app. The new app has been built with our customers’ feedback at the forefront of design and development, so we’re confident that anyone who used the old iD Mobile app will really appreciate the improvements.

So, what’s changed?

• Manage multiple plans – If you’ve got more than one iD Mobile plan, you can now manage them all from a single login. No more logging in and out!
  • New design - Whether you’re checking your allowances, changing your Bill cap, or updating your personal info, the new app has been designed to make sure you’re able to do exactly what you need – easier than ever before.
  • Improved performance – The new app uses the latest technologies to improve stability, performance, and security.   

If you’re new to iD or have the old version of the app, you can download the new version from the App Store or the Google Play Store.

If you’ve previously registered for the old app, you’ll need to re-register for the new one. Sorry about that - but it’ll be worth it!

Your Feedback Matters

Let us know what you think of the new iD Mobile app below! Or if you’ve got a great idea for a new feature that’s not currently not in the app, or you’re experiencing any issues, you can create a ‘New App Feedback’ topic, and track the progress of your feedback here. Our team of moderators and developers are on hand to provide further support.

Shout-outs!

We’d like to give a special shoutout to our Community superusers, who helped with testing the app prior to launch. So, thank you to:

If you need more info about the app, you can view our FAQs here.

57 replies

Userlevel 2

Well no improvement from the last app, if anything it’s worse. I can’t access my plans, all I get I your advertising. I suppose that’s important right?!! All I get is “ oops, something went wrong” with a try again button underneath. Press that and guess what??!! Yep “oops, something went wrong” with a try again button. Jesus, don’t you guys test an app before releasing it??! If I was as incompetent as you lot seem to be, at my job, I’d be sacked. So now I’ve no idea when my plan runs to, nor tells me anything about what my plan includes. A complete and utter joke.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jeez,

Welcome to the Community!

We are sorry to hear about the experience with the new app.

Please can you try and uninstall and reinstall the app?

If you have the same issue we can PM you to escalate this.

Kash

Userlevel 2

The classic uninstall/reinstall gambit. I’ve just tried, absolutely no difference. Still “Oops … something went wrong” with the try again button underneath. Can I go back to the old app, as that actually worked?!

Userlevel 2

Seems as though your upgrade adverts are far more important to you than actually given your customers the information they need. At the top of every section is your upgrade recommendations. I’m hardly likely to upgrade to anything your company offers if you can’t even get a “new improved” app to work properly. Drop all the upgrade advertisements and concentrate on giving customers what they want in an app to do with their phone contract. Have an upgraded section by all means, but force feeding this rubbish over and above the important info about your mobile phone contract is just infuriating. 0/10

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @Jeez, we’re sorry your experience with the new app hasn’t met expectations.

I assume you’re currently on an unlimited plan? If so, we’re aware of the issue and hopefully should have a fix live in the next few days. If you’re not on unlimited, please send me a private message with your phone number and I can investigate further?

We’ve purposefully only pushed the app to less than 1% of customers so far. This is so we can quickly get feedback from people (like yourself) and fix problems before rolling it out to a wider audience.

Please be assured that your issues should only be temporary. This app version is just the start, and we have lots of great updates to come in future.

Thanks,

Kieran

Userlevel 2

The first page, the home page seems to be working now. But the plan page still gives me no details and still has the “oops…something went wrong” with the Try Again button. I press that and the same thing, oops….

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @Jeez,

Thanks for your feedback and taking the time to post.

Yes, unfortunately we fixed part of the issue but there is still some errors appearing on the dashboard and plans screen for unlimited customers. We hope it’s fixed on Monday, or at least, very early next week. It’s our top priority bug for the dev team to resolve as we start to ramp up the number of users getting the new apps.

This particular issue affects customers on unlimited plans that have never done a plan change. Interestingly, customers that change from a standard plan to unlimited display fine with no errors.

Cheers!

Kieran

You say that there is a new app and to download it from the play store. But it's clearly showing the old app so how are you supposed to get the new app then? 

How are you meant to get the new app? When it is still showing the old version on the play store? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @Ashbluiz,

If it’s not available in the store for you today, it’ll be there late Monday morning. We’ve been doing a phased rollout to a small % of customers to find and fix any issues before it goes out to everyone. The customers who get the app early aren’t chosen by us. That’s done by Google.

Hope this helps!

Kieran

Userlevel 1

Tried registering on the new app but it never sends me a passcode via text, tried multiple times.

Userlevel 1

At last.. after promising for many years I'll be able to have both contracts in one place.

It's a shame that the SMS code needed to finish registration doesn't arrive. 

Userlevel 1

I have unistalled and reinstalled 4 times. It still won't even register me. I've been with iD for approx 6 years plus, same number but when I add my details and click submit to get a text verification code, nothing. 10 times I've tried, send another. Then went on line to website and it says I'm not registered. Recognises my number but not name or password. 

Supposed to pay my bill today, I can't because of this new stupid app. 

Registered using my previous email on my other account, trying to add my phone number and it won't even load past that screen, it did once and then it never sent my pass code. Absolutely ridiculous and now I can't pay my phone bill! Shocking.

Userlevel 1

So now I cant login to the web interface, the new app doesn’t work and you cant register as it never sends a passcode via text, so you have no control of your own account. Time for my PAC, hopefully that still works.

Userlevel 1

Looks like some fixes this morning, managed to roll back my Android app to version 5.2 and working again, just turned auto-updates off so it doesn't update to the new one again.

I don’t understand why we have to have two accounts with the new app, one for the app and one for the web, why don’t my credentials get recognised from my web account?

Userlevel 1

Hi @Jeez,

Thanks for your feedback and taking the time to post.

Yes, unfortunately we fixed part of the issue but there is still some errors appearing on the dashboard and plans screen for unlimited customers. We hope it’s fixed on Monday, or at least, very early next week. It’s our top priority bug for the dev team to resolve as we start to ramp up the number of users getting the new apps.

This particular issue affects customers on unlimited plans that have never done a plan change. Interestingly, customers that change from a standard plan to unlimited display fine with no errors.

Cheers!

Kieran

Hi. I have multiple SIM cards with id Mobile.

My big concern would be that with this app on multiple users phones (i.e family children or if using for staff) that the person responsible for paying the account/bills is unable to prevent the users from upgrading their packages.

I don't have the new app on my phone. ( Google must not like me). 

My son and daughter had new phones which installed Android 14 ( mine is still Android 11). Maybe that was one of the Google Play Store Selection criteria? 

On my daughter's phone I installed the id mobile app so she could track her data and usage.  It was a shocker!!!! 

She could "Click here to upgrade to 12 months on **GB for £*" ...one click by a user and then I was contracted to id....   I removed access immediately before I was signed up to some contract.

I pay the bill. I want her,my daughter ,to have access to the App. But I don't want her signing me up to new contract (limited or unlimited !)

And I want to see the NEW app on my phone before it goes on the phones of the SIM cards I currently pay for.

I think there may be a few more weeks yet before the new APP is rolled out.

Thank you

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @mikemod , @Glenharris81@Sarah Morgan , @UnhappyCustomer96 ,

I’m very sorry about the issues you had with the one-time password. Unfortunately, we had a system issue on Monday, which meant these codes were not sent as expected. Could you please try again using the app? The new website will now launch early next week, so only the apps have been updated to the new version so far. 

Customers also need to re-register, as we’ve completely overhauled our identity management solution. Re-registering may be frustrating (particularly if the OTP wasn’t coming through), but it will enhance security and allow for great new features like managing multiple plans with a single login. It should only take a couple of minutes to get set up. 

This is just the start of our complete rebuild, and we’ve got many great features in the pipeline to come. 

Apologies again!

Thanks,

Kieran

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

The first page, the home page seems to be working now. But the plan page still gives me no details and still has the “oops…something went wrong” with the Try Again button. I press that and the same thing, oops….

Hi @Jeez ,

Is this now working for you? Some updates have been released this week, which should’ve solved the issue.

Thanks,

Kieran

Userlevel 1

@KieranC Just updated to new app on Android and registration was successful, thanks

The only issue I have is when I try to enable “Biometrics for login” I get “Oops...something went wrong.

Userlevel 2

Hi @Jeez ,

Is this now working for you? Some updates have been released this week, which should’ve solved the issue.

Thanks,

Kieran

Nope, the plan page still doesn’t work. Still getting the “oops… something went wrong” with the try again button.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @Moto_customer,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your feedback.

As the account holder, I suggest that you manage the plan in the app with your iD online account (once it’s set up). At this stage, the app is meant for the account holder to manage their plan, not a child. We recognise there is a use case for having children view their remaining allowances, etc., but that’s not something we have planned at this stage. It needs a lot of thought and consideration about how to manage and implement various permissions.

Besides the upgrades banner which you identified, it’s also possible to buy add-ons and quickly change settings, like the adult content filter. These should be left up to the account holder.

Just so you know, each plan can only be linked to 1 iD online account. This means if you link your child’s number with your email and password login, your child will not be able to do so.

Hope this helps and makes sense!

Cheers,

Kieran

Userlevel 1

@KieranC Just updated to new app on Android and registration was successful, thanks

The only issue I have is when I try to enable “Biometrics for login” I get “Oops...something went wrong.

Biometrics now working 👍

Userlevel 1

Why can't new apps just work? It's boring and yesterday that IDs App can't just work, maybe you need some new developers? 😀

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@mikemod, good news 👍

@frankfc, are you having a particular issue?

Why iD Mobile?