CES 2023: the future of phones

CES 2023: the future of phones

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

139 replies

Userlevel 3

Reliable signal, cheap replaceable reliable long lasting batteries, economical handset with an operating system that regularly upgrades. Why do we have to dump a perfectly working handset just because the operating system can’t be upgraded?

Userlevel 1

A camera that can capture all the planets 🪐 in the solar system..

A phone that predict the future, the next second

Userlevel 1

Would be amazing if they did an app that allows us to upload a video or photo to see and feel as if a loved one that’s sadly not here anymore, was here still. A lot of grieving people would be so happy. 

Top features, although basic I would love to see on new phones are screens and camera screens that do not scratch. Protection on the phone that means you don't need a cover to do this job that hides the phones amazing colours or features that you have spent hours choosing. Last one, Battery charging itself with movement whilst walking etc

Userlevel 1

would love an indestructible screen.

Solar charging battery with a longer life. A signal that never drops! Unbreakable screen. Accurate step counter without the need for Fitbit style watches. All these would make things so much simpler!

Userlevel 1

I would want a strong screen that's shatter proof so if I drop my phone face down there would be no cracks or breaks.

Userlevel 1

Better coverage - we live rurally and travel into even more rural areas at times, and coverage is dreadful at times. 

Userlevel 1

Auto phone call recording, the amount of times I've been assured of a resolution to a problem especially in these hard times only to find it hasn't which ends up hurting us financially. It's a tough situation when you can't provide actual evidence to support what your saying. 

Userlevel 2

Solar or kinetic charging so you never have to plug it in

Be able to connect to any tv to watch films or play games . Record all phone conversations so you can play back when less busy and remind yourself what was said 

Solar energy charging at the back of the phone, maybe?

Userlevel 1

Kinetic charging - I need to exercise more! 😀

Userlevel 1

The ability to start my car remotely

Userlevel 1

I like the idea of using solar power to charge my phone

My feature request is simple (but impossible). I am a photographer and use a modern Mirrorless Camera. Increasingly Smart Phone photography has caught up, and in some areas overtaken “traditional” photography. However died in the wool photographers like me still want and need the ergonomics offered by the Mirrorless Camera. Ie an eyepiece facility that allows you to hold the device to the eye shutting out ambient light. This offers a consistent view of the object and also provides a stable position for taking good photos. I have seen third party add on eye pieces, but they are clunky. I want something along the lies of the internal  periscope lens that would be part of the Smart Phome chassis.

Userlevel 1

I’d like a phone that automatically calls a friend when I’m feeling lonely or depressed 😉

Userlevel 1

I’d like a screen where you could simply peel it off and pass it to someone like some kind of bonkers screen shot receipt!

Userlevel 2

If we’re off into the lands of fantasy I’d love an app where you could rewind time or just time travel! Failing that just charging the battery once a month or year would be great!

Shelter from sunlight and protection from overheating ,solar charging ,strong signal ,unbreakable and unscratchable screen , super long lasting phone battery life , waterproof...

Userlevel 1

Solar panel on the back of the phone.

Userlevel 1

Solar charging would be amazing, just one more way to help the planet 

Would love Solar Charging on my mobile.

Userlevel 1

Smellavision! Thinking of the old scratch and sniff Horrible History books but for nice things like sea breezes and tropical weather. 😌

Why iD Mobile?