CES 2023: the future of phones

CES 2023: the future of phones

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

139 replies

I would love to see solar charging.

I would like better charging cables that do not break after a couple of months! Thank you. 

Userlevel 1

Better screens that don't chip so easily 

Userlevel 1

I would like to see phones that don’t need to be charged and will just keep working all the time!

Userlevel 1

I’d love to see a battery which would last a week between charges and the charge would be topped up by simply carrying it around with me during the week. (Years ago, I used to have a watch which used to be charged somehow by me wearing it.)

Kinetic movement charging (like watches) 

Userlevel 2

A replaceable battery would be good 😀 

Userlevel 1

Transport me to the beach 

Userlevel 1

I would love unbreakable screen or some protection around the edges to stop chips and cracks, the one thing I have always wished for is an interactive sat-nav, one that you can argue with when you know it’s sending you a wrong way, that would be really useful as a stress relief on the move

A mechanical device - like the ones in automatic watches - that could charge the phone based on movement and do away with batteries altogether. Could even combine with solar to make this more effective. Then use some form of capacitor rather than a battery to store the charge.

Userlevel 1

Solar charging would be good.

A battery that stays charged as close to permanently as is possible! 

Userlevel 1

Build in a solar charging panel like some of the old calculators used to have. Must be far more efficient now as well :-)  

I really need a remote for the kids - press to turn their noise down, tidy up, make Mum a cup of tea or even get them to feed thae cat!

Solar powered panels under front screen to keep batteries charge as a safety feature so where ever you are stuck you always have a battery charged 👍

A scanner for medical use built in.

Userlevel 1

E-ink second screen on the back (or a hybrid one on the front that can be used without backlight to read during the daytime)

Definitely solar charging. Then you just leave your phone in the sun and that saves juice. And I’m planning a long distance walking trip, but this would really help with safety and being in contact. Without extra nit very good kit. 

Ability to undo (Apple Z), especially in apps like Notes.

Userlevel 1

Solar charging and self-healing gorilla glass screens. 

Better battery life.

I’d like to see phones that charge by movement so no need to plug in at all. If it can be done for wristwatches surely a phone that is so often moving could do the same

the thing that is missing from every new and most old phones is the ability to swap the battery easily without having to rip the phone apart and break it to do so. This would help with environmental issues plus negate the need to buy a new phone when my battery doesn't hold its charge as good. When phones came out at first you could swap the battery easily for a new one.  i wonder why phone manufacturers stopped doing this!!!!!!!

A regenerative battery that converts kinetic energy in to electric!

Would love a screen that is unbreakable and a battery which lasts longer 

Why iD Mobile?