Skip to main content
Solved

unusable internet connection

After having problems with my phone number being transferred over , leaving me with no connection for well over a day. Now I have been told everything has gone over successfully but I have no real usable internet connection. At best a 3G connection that lasts for a few seconds then drops out again.

I have just taken out this contract for handset and sim but as it is unusable I might have to use the cooling off period and cancel the contract. Very disappointed.

Finally.     😌  Thank you.

so what had the problem been ?

There was a configuration issue on Three UKs side, impacting the functionality of 4G/5G. We’re working with them to investigate the root cause of the issue to prevent it happening again. Thanks.

I have a similar problem. I have a 5g signal showing but I still can't connect. Unless on wifi. 

@Thefatchipmunk hopefully your problem won’t be as bad as mine was and you get sorted soon. Have you gone into your phones settings and made sure your data is on and is on the right network .

@Thefatchipmunk hopefully your problem won’t be as bad as mine was and you get sorted soon. Have you gone into your phones settings and made sure your data is on and is on the right network .

Yes had a new esim sent alll settings checked. Now I see why its a cheap network. Doesn't work. 

Yes I agree. The way it’s run is awful, so frustrating. I’m happy my problems were eventually sorted but it was a nightmare getting there. Talking to bots on the live chat and when you finally get through to an agent they’re not much better, replying with automated messages. Also when they give out instructions of what to try next, you go and try it and it fails, you then have to go through all the procedure again of bots/agent/security questions/agent..this took up far too many hours and days of my time. Good luck with getting sorted.

(p.s I took away ‘some’ of the stress by using a different network’s rolling sim deal along side this until it got sorted ..not that you should have to but it helped me)

Yes I agree. The way it’s run is awful, so frustrating. I’m happy my problems were eventually sorted but it was a nightmare getting there. Talking to bots on the live chat and when you finally get through to an agent they’re not much better, replying with automated messages. Also when they give out instructions of what to try next, you go and try it and it fails, you then have to go through all the procedure again of bots/agent/security questions/agent..this took up far too many hours and days of my time. Good luck with getting sorted.

(p.s I took away ‘some’ of the stress by using a different network’s rolling sim deal along side this until it got sorted ..not that you should have to but it helped me)

I'm at the airport! So I'll have to purchase another sim! 

If you have time and a WiFi connection you could try taking out a giff gaff rolling monthly contract with an eSIM that will be sent to your email address 

Hey @Thefatchipmunk,

Sorry to hear you’re having issues. Have you tried speaking to our Live Chat team, who can raise an initial ticket to our Network Partner 3UK to get this investigated for you?

Thanks.

Hey @Thefatchipmunk,

Sorry to hear you’re having issues. Have you tried speaking to our Live Chat team, who can raise an initial ticket to our Network Partner 3UK to get this investigated for you?

Thanks.

I have on three occasions. The system isn’t great. Every time I tried one of their recommendations, when they don’t work you have to go through the same painful process again of explaining what you’ve done over and over. No real answer to my problem and it’s still happening randomly no signal for an hour or two then comes back. I’m on holiday too so not ideal to be without comms. 

@Thefatchipmunk - I raised a Second Line investigation (so don’t worry about contacting our Live Chat team again as they follow the same process) into your account. Three UK have confirmed your services are provisioned correctly and there are no bars and diverts that may affect them.

How is your Roaming experience in Italy? It might be worth waiting for your return to the UK to further diagnose the issue. I suspect it might be a Hardware issue or a software configuration issue. Thanks.

@Thefatchipmunk - I raised a Second Line investigation (so don’t worry about contacting our Live Chat team again as they follow the same process) into your account. Three UK have confirmed your services are provisioned correctly and there are no bars and diverts that may affect them.

How is your Roaming experience in Italy? It might be worth waiting for your return to the UK to further diagnose the issue. I suspect it might be a Hardware issue or a software configuration issue. Thanks.

I've had to purchase another ESIM from revolut because the network has been so intermittent.