Skip to main content

With so many people having the same or similar problems why is there no response from ID mobile?

I am sure if they couldn’t use their phones they would not be happy! 
why are we all being ignored?

What exactly is your issue?

I havent been able to make or receive calls for over a week. i have gone through all the processes with their care team now have a complaint in place but no one has contacted me in 5 days. told if i want to leave i will have to pay a penalty for early termination.

thank you for asking

What phone do you have?

I sorted mine after trying everything else with settings app phone - delete and re entering my number, switch off then on again.  Very frustrating as not clear who the issue is with, ie ID mobile or my iPhone. Good luck 

thank you i will try and let you know.

sorry to be dim how did you do that?

Open settings, select apps, scroll down and select phone, and where it says “My number” type your number starting with a 0(zero). Then click save.

Thank you so much it is now working. Amazing that no one at id mobile or online had thought of that. Brilliant.

DD

I sorted mine after trying everything else with settings app phone - delete and re entering my number, switch off then on again.  Very frustrating as not clear who the issue is with, ie ID mobile or my iPhone. Good luck 

Thank you very much

On an iPhone: Go to settings, select apps, select phone,  select My Number - delete the number, add your current number (even if it’s the same, as mine was), save then switch off and on again. Some of the directions don’t include the ‘apps’ step and go straight to phone. Good luck. 

Thank you so much it is now working. Amazing that no one at id mobile or online had thought of that. Brilliant.

DD

To be fair, iD Mobile is a service provider, and can’t be expected to know every setting for every phone out in the wild. Configuring your phone is your responsibility, and it should be the device manufacturer that helps with such things.

Hi

I have been having the same issues for the last two weeks, how do I edit my number on an Huawei P9, this is my last resort.  Been onto ID mobile chat for two weeks, replaced SIM, still cannot receive calls or make calls, 

I have gone through all the processes with the care team, and now have 4 complaints made.  Can anyone help please

There is no option to enter your number on the P9.
That phone was released in 2016, it’s eight years old. What network supplied it? 

Hi Paul

It was vodaphone.  My phone was working perfectly until 13th September 2024

Then it won’t work with iD Mobile anymore, and you will have to replace it or switch networks. If you switch networks and want to continue using that phone, then you will have to use the Vodafone network. 

why will it not work with ID Mobile anymore, is this because of the switch off from 3G.  I do have 4G on my phone

I was with EE prior to the switch to ID.  I switched in June 2024, and has been working up until two weeks ago

There are plenty of topics explaining the situation around the 3G switch off. ALL the networks have to shut down their 3G networks by 2025. That is OFCOM’s rule, not the networks. THREE, Vodafone and EE are in the process of shutting down their 3G networks and O2 will be the last of them to do this. 

You cannot make calls over 4G or 5G, only 3G or 2G. To make calls over 4G your device needs to support VoLTE. Yours does, but it is supplied by Vodafone and, as a result, will have a custom branded ROM that won’t work with any other network.

As I have already said, you need to either replace your device with one that supports VoLTE on iD Mobile or switch networks to one that will work with your device. That would be Vodafone. 

Thank you for your response.  I will have to change my phone.  What phone do you recommend with Volte, and what year mobile phones introduced Volte, so this will give me an idea what phone I am looking for.  Thank you

Welsh Paul do you work for ID mobile you seem very defensive of what is essential a terrible service.

How can my phone work one moment then the next doesnt? They are a service provider then they need staff that can provide that service. 

ID staff told me they were having issues with lots of phones and they defiantly should know set up for an Iphone! or don’t sell contracts to iphone customers. I have never had this issue with any other provider.

The service responce was awful still no contact over 10 days now, that is not providing a services all i want to do is cancel my contract. 

Welsh Paul do you work for ID mobile

No, I'm not even a iD Mobile customer. I use SMARTY and Vodafone for my mobile needs!

However, I find it odd that you’re attacking me when I provided a simple solution to your problem in another thread, and you replied with:

You even liked my post!!!

Did you ask Apple why you couldn’t make or receive calls? After all, they made your phone. If not, why not? If so, why couldn’t they provide you with a solution like I did?

I’m wondering if it’s just a case of you just wanting out of your contract, and you’re using the 3G switch off as an excuse.

Sorry Paul I really didn’t mean it to come across like that, totally thought you were an ID mobile insider.  A Spy. Watching Slow Horses will make you suspect everyone. 
I had great help from you and from another user on the forum. For which I am incredibly grateful. 
My point really is the customer service was terrible, no contact no response wanting to charge me even though I could not use my phone. And they really didn’t care that with a vulnerable son I needed a working phone. 
If they couldn’t fix it then they should let me cancel my policy without a penalty .

sorry again that my previous response came across as attacking. Kindest have a great evening 

If you’re unhappy with the level of service you have received @Donna Braman Dean then you have every right to complain.

However, like all the networks, you need to follow their complaints process. 

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-procedure