F.A.Q.

How do I switch to iD Mobile from another provider?

• 17 February 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

Please note, if you already submitted your PAC when you purchased your plan, there's no need to resubmit your request. Your number will be transferred to iD on the date you specified.

Switching (also known as porting) to iD Mobile from a different network is simple. You’ll need to request a unique code from your old provider, then you give this code to us and we’ll take care of the switch. 

The process differs slightly depending on whether or not you want to bring your phone number with you. 

How do I switch to iD Mobile and keep my number?

If you want to keep your existing number when switching over to iD from another network, all you need is a PAC code. 

What is a PAC?

A porting authorisation code (PAC) is a unique identifier that lets you move your number from one network to another. It’s normally 9 characters long with 3 letters followed by 6 numbers, for example ABC123456. 

How do I request a PAC?

You can request a PAC from your old network via text. It’s free of charge and will be with you straightaway. 

Using your old SIM, text PAC to 65075 and your PAC will be sent to you by text. 

If you have more than one phone number on your account, you’ll need to contact your old network. 

What happens once I’ve received my PAC?

1. You can give us your PAC when you purchase your plan in-store, or if you’ve already got your iD Mobile SIM, you can enter your PAC online 

1. We’ll contact your old network to start switching your number over 

1. Once the switch is complete, your contract with your old network will be cancelled and they'll stop billing you from that date 

1. They’ll send you a final bill which will include any outstanding charges to pay 

You have 30 days to send us your PAC. If you don’t use it within that time, your old account will stay open, and you'll be charged for that service as normal. If you still want to switch to iD Mobile, you can just request a new PAC from your current provider.  

How quickly will my switch happen?

If you submit your PAC before 5.30pm (Monday to Friday), your number will be transferred the next working day between 8am and 10pm. But please note, that doesn’t always mean the very next day.

Here are the exact timescales:

Give us your PAC by: Date you'll switch to iD:

Monday before 5:30 pm

Tuesday

Monday after 5:30pm to Tuesday before 5:30pm

Wednesday

Tuesday after 5:30 pm to Wednesday before 5:30 pm

Thursday

Wednesday after 5:30 pm to Thursday before 5:30 pm

Friday

Thursday after 5:30 pm to Friday before 5:30 pm

Monday

Friday after 5:30 pm to Monday 5:30pm

Tuesday

Bank Holidays

Please note, during Bank Holidays it can take a few extra days depending on when your PAC is submitted. 

How do I switch to iD Mobile without keeping my number?

If you want to switch to iD from another network and you don't need to keep your existing number, all you need is a STAC code. 

What is a STAC?

A service termination authorisation code (STAC) is a unique number that allows you to easily switch to a new network and get a new phone number. It’s usually 9 characters long with 6 numbers followed by 3 letters, for example 123456ABC. 

How do I request a STAC?

You can request a STAC from your old network via text. It’s free of charge and will be with you straightaway. 

Using your old SIM, text STAC to 75075 and your STAC will be sent to you by text. 

If you have more than one phone number on your account, you’ll need to contact your old network. 

What happens once I’ve received my STAC?

1. You can give us your STAC when you purchase your plan in-store, or if you’ve already got your iD Mobile SIM, you can enter your STAC online 

1. We’ll contact your old network to switch you over to iD Mobile 

1. Once the switch is complete, your contract with your old network will be cancelled and they'll stop billing you from that date 

1. They’ll send you a final bill which will include any outstanding charges to pay 

You have 30 days to send us your STAC, if you don’t use it within that time, your old account will stay open and you'll be charged for that service as normal. If you still want to switch to iD Mobile, you can just request a new STAC. 

What to do if I have problems switching to iD Mobile?

Occasionally you might experience issues switching between networks, these can include: 

• Unable to make or receive calls 

• Unable to send or receive texts or iMessages 

• Split port (when you can make calls and send texts but cannot receive them) 

• PAC or STAC not working 

We run reports daily to identify any switching failures or issues, and we’ll contact you via text if you’re affected. 

If you’re experiencing problems and haven’t received a text from us, please wait two working days before contacting us. If the issue hasn’t been resolved within that time, please contact our Live Chat team. 

This topic has been closed for comments
Why iD Mobile?