F.A.Q.

How do I switch to iD Mobile from another network provider using a PAC or STAC?

• 17 February 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Looking to keep or ditch your number when you switch to iD Mobile? You'll first need a PAC or STAC from your previous network provider. Here’s everything you need to know.

Please note: If you already submitted your PAC or STAC when you purchased your plan, there's no need to resubmit your request. Your switch will take place on the date you specified.  

What is a PAC and STAC?

A PAC is a unique 9-digit code that allows you to switch your number from one network to another. A STAC is a unique 9-digit code that allows you to ditch your old number from your old network provider.

How do I request a PAC or STAC? 

In most cases, you can request a PAC or STAC from your old network provider via text. It’s free of charge and will be with you straightaway. Using your SIM from your old network provider, text PAC to 65075 or STAC to 75075. Your PAC or STAC will last for 30 days.

If you have more than one mobile number on your account, you’ll need to contact your old network.

What do I do once I've received my PAC or STAC? 

Got your PAC or STAC? Nice! Click here to begin your switch. You'll also need your Transaction Number. Once you complete the online form, sit tight, and we'll switch your number to your iD Mobile plan on the day you select.

When will my switch happen?

When you give us your PAC or STAC, we can switch or ditch your number on the next working day by 10pm. Here are the exact timescales:

Give us your PAC or STAC by Switching Date

Monday before 5:30pm

Tuesday

Monday 5:30pm - Tuesday 5:30pm

Wednesday

Tuesday 5:30pm - Wednesday 5:30pm

Thursday

Wednesday 5:30pm - Thursday 5:30pm

Friday

Thursday 5:30pm - Friday 5:30pm

Monday

Friday 5:30pm - Monday 5:30pm

Tuesday

Please note: During Bank Holidays, it can take a few extra days to switch your number to your iD Mobile plan

What happens once my switch is complete?

We’ll send you a text to your iD Mobile SIM as soon as your switch is complete. Your old account should immediately disconnect. If this does not happen, you’ll need to contact your old network provider.

This topic has been closed for comments