Question

Two accounts, one email address, only access to one number

• 15 June 2022
  • 8 replies

I have an account with ID mobile and I set up one for my son but used the same email address. As the setup procedure DID NOT ADVISE ME THAT I COULDN’T DO THIS I am now in the position of not being able to access his account to upgrade the data allowance. His account number is REMOVED and his number is REMOVED . Please can you advise as to how I can untangle this. May I suggest that you make this situation more clear for those setting up family accounts as it is not mentioned anywhere obvious.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sadly @NotlikingIDmobilereally, iD Mobile do not allow an email address (username) to be used more than once. 

So each registration with iD requires a unique email address - your son probably wasn’t registered.

Try using a different email address and you’ll probably succeed in setting up an account for your son.

In addition, I recommend removing the mobile number and account number you’ve posted, to avoid them being used a bad actor.

Ok, but if I do this how does he keep his phone number? We have 4 accounts with ID and if this the kind of “help” I can expect we are leaving. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Ok, but if I do this how does he keep his phone number? We have 4 accounts with ID and if this the kind of “help” I can expect we are leaving. 

When you change or upgrade an iD plan, you keep the existing number.

You should contact customer service using Live Chat to sort this out, but they’ll normally only speak to the named account holder.

Otherwise there are several other providers who allow many numbers under one account, e.g. SMARTY.

Anyway, good luck.

Ok. My hope was that someone from this ‘community’ had similar issues and a solution that was achievable. The thing NOT being mentioned is that when you initially set up an account for a family member, you need to use a separate email address. Try this for a family of 4 with two under 16’s that you need to trust not to access their own accounts and change the limits/data cap etc. To anyone else that reads this, leaving ID would be a good place to start. Cheap but not worth the hassle. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah @NotlikingIDmobilereally, iD aren’t the best for this scenario.

Where other community members have faced similar issues, they’ve chosen to leave iD.

Last I can remember being @Arcticpollen, who ported over to SMARTY and was very pleased with their deal and the ability to manage multiple plans from a single account.

Good luck anyway.

Userlevel 1

@NotlikingIDmobilereally@andewhite 

Can understand your frustration,,,

My port to SMARTY went fine and really liking their service.

Have moved my wife over plus the data SIM for my iPad.

The ability to have all accounts grouped together and get a monthly discount on each SIM in the group is a great feature.

Plus the issue I had with iD Wi-Fi calling went away and has worked fine since.

Best of luck getting your issue sorted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @NotlikingIDmobilereally 

iD Mobile doesn’t currently support family plans and managing all of these under one account. As @andewhite mentioned, each account needs it’s own username to manage this and log-in.

You can’t use the same username twice, which means if you registered with an email on a different account, you can’t use it again for logging in. 

However, you can have multiple accounts with the same contact email, as this is where we send correspondance. 

For example, you could register each account with the usernames as follows:

Your account: dadssemail@gmail.com

Your partners account: partner@gmail.com

Your son’s account sonsemail@gmail.com

But then update the contact email for all of them as yours.

This means, when you log-in and want to manage a specific account, you use that email username and password linked to the account, which will show you that dashboard and allow you to view bills etc.

Any emails, will be sent to the contact email and several accounts can have the same contact email which means you won’t miss out on any important correspondance from us. 

If you still need help, please let us know here.

We have previously fed back about having multiple accounts with the same email username/family plans and this was something the Team were looking to implement in the future hopefully.

@Arcticpollen,

Sorry to hear you have since left iD Mobile, but glad to hear you have managed to get your family plan setup which I can understand was an important feature for you.

Mohammed

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

FYI @Mohammed, main issue for @Arcticpollen was iD Mobile could not get the iD WiFi Call service working on his network account with an iPhone 12.

It’s really difficult to understand why iD could not get iD WiFi Call service working in this case - see the “Another New iD Mobile User Unable to Use Wi-Fi Calling” topic.

Why iD Mobile?