Blog

What’s new in the world of tech? - August 2021

What’s new in the world of tech? - August 2021

Show first post

99 replies

I’m interested in the crossover/merger between phones and tablets.  I’ve seen some new folding phones, I want to be able to unfold a phone to create a 2x bigger screen, and plug in a little keyboard.

This is going to mean I’m more mobile with work and personal tasks. 

Can’t wait to see what the industry consensus on this will be.

Userlevel 1

Nice phone. Love to have this phone

I like the phone and it be nice to have one

Cloud baised gaming is a fantastic development, however Internet connectivity dropping out, can have a negative impact on the Cloud based experience, but with the development of cheaper 5g this should improve and with new phones like the foldable in production, the whole experience is going to be even more enjoyable.

Eye tracking software implemented into VR headsets. I think this opens up opportunities for virtual reality generally. For video games it could drastically improve gameplay and mechanics that allow for a more immersive gaming experience. 

Good spec phone and a very reasonable price. would love to win it.

Userlevel 1

would love to win as my phone is not the best atm

Userlevel 1

AI and Automation. Less tech hardware and more software, but things can be done so much quicker, cheaper and easier than having a human to push a button. From the monotonous admin work of the every day office, to identifying scans for health conditions and even examining legal cases. Consistency, cost and speed. What will it do to the workforce though. Interesting times. 

Great phone I would to win. 

Really, to look after the planet is first as out there, nobody can hear you scream if a problem (hence like in Alien).  So ecological tech it must be to clean this Earth and it is doable!  Samsung is brilliant of green cell phones, : for example,the Galaxy exhilarate is an Android smartphone that is made with 80 percent post-consumer waste material and comes with a very efficient charger.  The phone get much attention right now, as it is mostly made of recycled materials and because, as an Android phone, it can take the place of so many other gadgets like tlike on an Iphone: I hope the Uk will follow!

I've been thinking about a new handset, and have heard great things about Oppo!

This is a competition I can't miss!!

Thank you ID mobile 😊

Upgraded from an Asus P1801 Android 4.2 tablet to a Samsung Galaxy S5e running Android 11 - also upgraded from Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Android 6.0.1 phone to Xiaomi Redmi Note 9T 5G running Android 11 

Userlevel 1

The BMW I Vision Circular which is a supercar concept which is made of completely recyclable material 

Userlevel 1

Any mobile with a battery which lasts longer than my old Apple phone’s 6 hours has to be worth having!

I love a new phone!!!

Userlevel 2

AI has been invented to listen to the sound of coughs to tell if a person has covid or not! That’s bloody amazing!

Blade Batteries (made by Chinese company BYD) seem like a recent promising tech innovation worthy of consideration  that could improve the safety, efficiency and range of electric vehicles (along with less human exploitation due to not using cobalt in their manufacturing).

What technological advancements or pieces of tech have you seen, heard about or purchased that’s got you excited?

Widespread use of AI and machine learning, in almost everything! Makes life that much simpler for all, and improving all the time.

Userlevel 1

I think the technology being most overlooked is VR and the applications that it can be used for, especially amongst the disabled community, not simply allowing them to experience things their disabilities prevent them from doing, but also to help autistic children develop life skills from the safe space that is their home. The University of Haifa is working on a VR system and have developed scenarios as simple as teaching autistic kids to cross the road safely and from there they can progress to navigating busy shopping centres, something that most people without this impairment would not even think about. I’m really pleased this fast growing technology is being used for this purpose.

Userlevel 2

Long promised, but never delivered, 3D is the most exciting thing that must be coming soon! 

Userlevel 1

I’m really interested in where mobile technology will go with AI. Heard a great piece on Radio 4 today about how AI can be really good for doing the grunt calculation/statistical work that humans aren’t good at, but humans are so much better then at applying nuance, context and empathy to issues and tasks. It would be great to see the perfect fusion of the man machine interface using AI.

david

I like the phone I hope to win

What technological advancements or pieces of tech have you seen, heard about or purchased that’s got you excited? Let us know below for a chance to win the incredible OPPO Find X3 NEO. 

Folding phones. Not just foldable but foldable that have measures of IP water resistance. 

This is the future coming, kirk communicator style. 

Userlevel 1

AI sex robots

Userlevel 2

Flying cars

Why iD Mobile?