Blog

New Year, New Phone - Competition

New Year, New Phone - Competition
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
  • iD Mobile Employee
  • 118 replies

Happy new year! Think you’ve missed the chance to treat yourself to a great phone deal now that Christmas is over? Think again!

At iD Mobile, we’re all about great offers all year round. And this month, we’ve got some pretty epic deals on Google’s Pixel range. With the best elements of the Android experience combined with 5G connectivity, a powerful chip, a crystal-clear OLED screen and incredible cameras, Google Pixel phones can handle it all.

Both the Google Pixel 4a 5G and the Google Pixel 5 launched in October, and they’re up there with the best smartphones of 2020. The first Google phones packed with 5G compatibility, both the Pixel 4a and Pixel 5 offer incredible download speeds and a stripped-back, clean looking interface that’ll please even the most devoted Apple fans.

We love the cameras on both phones. While they have the same dual 12MP and 16MP Ultra-Wide lens setup, it’s the brilliant AI that’s the star of the show. The Night Sight feature allows you to capture stunning photography in low light without the need to use the flash. And it’s smart enough to detect when the scene you’re shooting is dark, letting you select Night Sight mode with a quick tap.

That AI brings the best out of both phones’ batteries, too. Adaptive Battery learns which apps you rely on the most and gives them priority when it comes to power. The battery can last up to 48 hours with the help of Extreme Battery Saver, so you can leave the charger at home.

Next-Gen Google Assistant

With the help of next-gen Google Assistant, the Google Pixel 4a and Pixel 5G can do practically whatever you ask. Dictate a catch-up message to a mate to send a text without typing, or request that song you can’t wait to hear. Connect up your smart devices and control your tech at home using your voice, or simply set a reminder to turn the oven on at the right time – Google Assistant makes it all possible.

Both phones are available from iD mobile right now, starting from £24.99 a month for the Pixel 4a 5G and £27.99 a month for the Pixel 5. Just tap our handy new Shop button at the top of the Community page to find out more!

Competition Time:

Speaking of Community, we want to get every iD member’s 2021 off to a great start, and you can help!

Simply tell us below what we can do to improve your iD Community experience, what new functions or updates would you like to see to the Community? Let us know below and you could be in with a chance of winning a brand-new Google Pixel 4a 5G.

There can only be one winner, but every suggestion is welcome, whether you’re new to the Community or an iD Superhero.

The competition closes on Wednesday 13th January 2020, and we’ll announce the winner shortly after. Our standard T&Cs apply. 

And if you can’t wait till then, you can always check out our fantastic Google Pixel deals. When purchasing a Google Pixel 4, 4a or 5 you will receive a Currys PC World Voucher worth £50-£100.

Best of luck, and happy new year!

This competition has now closed. Thank you to everyone who entered and shared their ideas. Congratulations to@DaveH you have won the brilliant ‘Google Pixel 4a 5G’

109 replies

Userlevel 2

Happy as is

Userlevel 1

Let people have more than 2 contracts!

Because I already have them in my name for both my children, I can’t move over to you!

Userlevel 1

Have a family package or plan like some other networks have.  For instance, I have 2 of my family with another network, everything is managed via the app under the one account, and data can be transferred and shared between them, as well as viewing separate bills etc and changing things independantly.  It would be great if we could have a family option like this on EE.  If you have 2 children on the EE network, you have to log in separately to each, then difficulty in adding another person via the same address/bank as showing already 2 contracts.  Missing a trick getting more customers..  The app is sometimes a nightmare recognising log in, have to constantly reset password despite the fact it is correct each time.

ID community is okay, a lot better than some others.  Maybe a loyalty rewards area would be good for weekly treats etc.

Userlevel 1

when they say to good to be true it is except when its community.idmoble.co.uk for a blog what gives sound advice  and free nothing better

Userlevel 2

How about being able to access the community through the app? This might encourage users - like me - to get more involved.

Userlevel 1

Great idea SharonBarnes,

Lets hope the iD app designers are watching this

Userlevel 1

FIX YOUR PAC CODE SYSTEM SO YOU DON’T TRAP PEOPLE WITH A CHAT BOT THAT CANNOT FIX ISSUES AND FORCE THEM TO PAY UNLESS THEY GIVE UP THEIR NUMBERS

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hey @DaveH , you made some great points thanks for that :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hey @sharonbarnes , I hope you are well :)

Another great idea, this is something we are looking into and hopefully this will come to fruition in the near future :)

Why iD Mobile?